Total Pageviews

Friday 7 October 2011

yay for writing...

I really enjoy writing.
    I guess it’s a way of getting my point across. I mean, if you’ve ever had a conversation with me then you probably know that I’m a relatively shy person. I know, I know, Facebook makes me look like a super social butterfly….unfortunately it’s not true.
    Okay, think back to the days when your mom would point out a little girl or boy about your age and say, “Now be a good little girl (or boy) and go introduce yourself to that little munchkin over there”.  Then you’d freeze up and give a “But I don’t wannaaaa” to which mom replies sympathetically, “Too bad.” Then you’d reluctantly fill up your penny loafers with a few ounces of courage and drag yourself over there to say hello. About the time you were three feet away, the little kid’s punk friends would skip over and they’d all walk away laughing at you.
   It’s true to say that I’ve never really been a great face to face communicator. I still rarely introduce myself to people, and when I do, I usually get loathsome looks or shy responses. Sadly I know that if I could just write a letter or email, I would be the bomb at introducing myself or telling someone my opinion of something.
Another thing I have problems with, is giving my opinion on clothes/hair etc. When my great grandma would hand me a size 16 (about a million sizes too big for me) sweatshirt that had fuzzy snowmen that dance and sing ‘Jingle Bells” and icicles that light up in time to the music, I would smile and say politely that however cute it was, it was way too big. Obviously I couldn’t tell the poor innocent woman that I would get beat up if I stepped out of my house wearing such an um, interesting piece of….artwork.
So yeah, I suck at vocal communication. Sorry. Feel free to write me a letter ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment