Total Pageviews

Sunday 30 October 2011

twisted olives and shot glasses....

So yesterday...I had a choice.
Woodcutting with the family? Orrrr cleaning the house?
I chose cleaning the house and set off to work, dusting and mopping, and vacuuming. Thankfully my best friend Benny called while I was cleaning, and so we got to catch up on everything and it made the work go way faster.
About halfway through my house cleaning, my amiga Livvy texted me and asked me to meet her at The Twisted Olive Cafe behind Roast and Toast (Yep...we have a lot of coffee shops around here...), I had already had about a pot of coffee and figured another half wouldn't hurt me, and so I went. I had never been to the Twisted Olive, and had a heck of a time finding it, but when I got there I found I actually liked it more than Roast and Toast *gasp*.  Here are the pros and cons for both R&T and T.O.
Roast and Toast:
Has TONS of choices...........buuuuut their coffee is WAY too sweet
The building is really cool...........but its also really cramped
Their tea sucks (in my humble opinion)
The people there are really nice.
There's usually a lot of flies in the building
It's really loud in thereee X_X
They have comfy window seats.
The coffee is REALLY pricey

Twisted Olive:
The coffee is amazing......but not a lot of choices
The coffee is usually organic and cheap
The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing....but there's mostly old people there (not necessarily a con)
If you want a flavored coffee, they just give you the flavored syrup in a shot glass...this made me and Livvy (the "sheltered homeschoolers") burst into a fit of not-so-quiet-giggling.
Oh and their whip cream is totally phat for real.
They sell mini cheesecakes......but they cost an arm and a leg.....but they're probably worth it.
Everything is REALLY clean. And I love that.
They close at 3pm :( sad day.
I had 2 cups of coffee with syrup and whipped cream for $2.50 something

Anyways, I had a blast with my Livvy. We talked about everything from college to watching The Princess Bride in Spanish. I had a lovely time, and I put enough change in the parking meter for once. Sweet deal. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment