Total Pageviews

Tuesday 13 December 2011

you've got mail...

Okay you guys, what’s with those moronic “forward this or you’re going to hell” chain letters/facebook statuses?
You know the ones that you open, and they have a serene picture of Jesus, it goes on and on about how much He loves you and all that good stuff and then…
Forward this to 12 people (a symbol of the twelve disciples of course) in the next 40 minutes and you’ll meet the love of your life tomorrow, and if you forward this to your whole contacts list than you’ll marry this person in 2 years 1 month 3 weeks 5 days 9 hours and 46 minutes. Jesus said, ‘if you deny me in front of your friends I’ll deny you in front of my Father’. Send this to all your friends if you love Jesus!
I’m sorry (actually I’m not…), but that is the most gargantuan load of bull crap that I’ve ever heard in my life. “IF you love Jesus”
Um…I happen to love Jesus…but I’m NOT sending that around to all you guys…
…I’m one of those people that doesn’t do something just because someone wants me to.
Exhibit 1: “You HAVE to be at this event in 2 hours”
Watch me NOT show up.
Exhibit 2: “If you keep wearing that black nail polish, you’re going to go to hell.”
Not only will I paint my nails black, I’ll dye my hair black and wear black, ripped, studded stuff just to watch you get down on your knees and beg God to take back my soul.
I know….it’s not right. I’ve learned to avoid the Exhibit 2 behavior out of the small amount of consideration I grant to certain individuals.
I just really hate it when people try to pressure me into doing things. Like forwarding retarded chain letters.
I noticed that these “share this or die” statuses, have been attacking my facebook news feed. These aren’t just about God, they’re about things like bullying and cancer and supporting our nation’s troops.
Now don’t get me wrong, I love God. I do NOT deny Him in front of my friends, but I sure as heck am not reposting those things. God isn’t going to hate me if I don’t re post. I think it shows insecurity when you repost them. Like, “I donno if my faith is strong enough and so I’m going to repost this status and pray to God that it can earn me a spot in paradise.”
And yeah I’m totally against bullying, it’s wrong. I hate to break it to you, but no one is going to stop bullying because of your status.
 I’ve known lots of people that have died from cancer or fought and won, but all the ones I know would probably snort in disgust if they thought that I thought reposting a silly chain status in their memory would make their day.
As for our soldiers…I know several people fighting overseas right now. Some of them are family. And I am SO STINKING PROUD OF THEM, but I’d rather send a few care packages and letters than post a chain status they won’t see.
You can say that you support this or that, but why don’t you prove it? You can run your mouth all day about how much you appreciate (for example) our soldiers. Sometimes though, putting a bumper sticker on your car isn’t enough. Posting a chain status probably doesn’t cut it. Sorry. I really hate to take your high hopes and burn them to the ground (sarcasm). If you’re going to repost, back it up with some proof. And stop forwarding me all that crap. Please and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment