Total Pageviews

Friday 10 February 2012

so sue me....

Will someone please tell me that I’m not the only one out there who detests Valentine’s Day? Please? No, no, I don’t just hate it because I’m single. I’m actually quite happy in my singleness, really I am. I just don’t get why people are making such a huge deal out of such a stupid thing.
Like, okay fine. Being single DOES make it a teensy bit more awkward. I mean, I can’t help but notice when I walk into the local Meijer’s with my little shopping cart full of kale and organic coffee beans, that I’m surrounded by tall/dark/handsome guys that are picking out sweet cards and stuff for their girl. Still though, it’s gross. Disgusting. Nauseating. I won’t have it.
 I mean, Valentine’s Day isn’t even about chocolate and diamonds and 4 ½ foot teddy bears and “pajamagrams”! It was actually about a Saint…you know like…a single guy who did really good stuff and was a Christian. It doesn’t or rather, DIDN’T have anything to do with all that romantic yucky stuff; it’s actually a celebration of a good-guy’s life. You know…like Washington’s Birthday or something…or, St. Patrick’s Day, WHICH happens to be one of my favorite holidays (I’m partially Irish and I like the simplicity of St. P’s Day. There’s no huge family get-togethers, no dumb obligations, etc.)
So yeah anyways, I guess that’s just me. I can’t stand Valentine’s Day, never really could. I don’t see the point in gorging yourself on cheap chocolates and buying roses for your sweetheart that are going to die in three days. Besides…Lilies are way cooler. And what’s with all the red and pink cut out hearts everywhere? Ugh, gross. Like I said though…just my opinion. So sue me.
                ……Actually, please don’t. I’m broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment