Total Pageviews

Monday 28 November 2011

nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love...

This last month, I have developed another obsession. Actually two obsessions….owls (this obsession has been developing over the summer) and Charlie Brown whom I’ve come to love the last few months.
Charlie Brown is AWESOME. I love how nothing is complicated.
It just is what it is.
Take Snoopy for example, like Linus said, all Snoopy has to worry about is getting fed. All Linus has to worry about is making sure that no one steals his beloved blanket. Charlie Brown never has to worry about losing friends because in all reality, he doesn’t have any. Sally is the most contented little girl I’ve ever seen. She’s not worried about her “sweet baboo” not returning her feelings. She just assumes that he likes her too and doesn’t worry about it. And Schroeder, have you ever seen such dedication? I wish I could play piano like that kid. In fact, I decided that I’m going to name one of my children Schroeder, and I’m gonna make him play piano. Yep.
So I think we all have a lot to learn from the Peanuts.
Look at Peppermint Patty. She’s the most secure young lady I’ve ever seen. I only wish I could be that secure in myself. Look how calm and collected she is around Charlie Brown, who she’s been crushing on.
I’m like, her complete opposite. When I see a cute guy, I drop stuff. Trip over everything, and can’t talk like a normal functioning human being. I guess it’s a good thing I’m not a barista or a waitress.
Cute Guy: Can I get a latte?
Me in a cute barista uniform: Ehhhhhhh….
Cute Guy: Thanks =)
Me in a cute barista uniform: *walks over to latte making machine and trips over everything*
Cute Guy: Need some help in there?
Me in a cute barista uniform: Um, nope it’s all good! *flips hair over shoulder, smiles, and spills latte on the floor*
And that is why I’m scared to put in an application at Starbucks.
My point is, in case I didn’t make it clear enough: I WANT TO BE A PEANUT.
I want to stop worrying.
I want to be like Charlie Brown and not care what people think of me.
Last night, someone I love told me “we don’t have to be friends….it’s a part of growing up”.
So I decided I’m not going to grow up.
I’m not going to resent anyone anymore.                                                               
I’m going to be an open hearted loving person who says, “Good grief!” all the time.
Also, I’m one of those people that don’t like Christmas, or rather, what it’s become. I listen to Christmas music all day long at work and I go broke on black Friday because that’s what Christmas is about right?
Um no.
Christmas is about Jesus. About being together with family and being thankful that Jesus was born to die for all the idiotic things I do. Christmas is about appreciating the redemption, the second chance God gave us.
The Peanuts reminded me of all this. If you don’t believe me, The Peanuts Christmas Special is on December 5th or something. I’m recording it on my DVR. Ha :)
So, that’s basically why I’ve been in love with The Peanuts lately. 5¢ please.

No comments:

Post a Comment