Total Pageviews

Friday 11 November 2011

11.11.11

Today is 11.11.11.
Duh.
I just had to say it. In fact, when I went to the bank today to deposit my paycheck, I was so psyched to be able to write that on my slip. Fo shiz.

Anyhow....today has been pretty weird. It was normal as far as work and stuff....but then we went to see my cousin before she leaves for Afghanistan.
That was hard.

                         Really hard.

 I actually left for a while so I didn't burst in to tears.
I kept thinking back to when we were little....when Grandpa and Grandma would take me and my cousins up to their cabin. I donno how gramma did it with all of us....there are so many...Katie, Brad, Kelsie (the one going to serve), Danny, Mikey, Alicia, Nick, Me, and my brother James. That's nine of us, and grandma loved us all so much. I remember one morning after Gram had made us her famous blueberry pancakes and bacon, we went outside to play. I can't even remember what we were playing, but somehow Danny ended up on the hammock and the rest of us were fanning him with ferns. Then Gram came outside to get a picture of us all, so we all piled on the hammock, and then it broke and sent us all to the ground, piled on top of one another...we were wriggling and giggling, and somehow I ended up on the bottom of the pile. I didn't mind though.
So yeah, I kept thinking back to that day as I watched my family visit with Kelsie. She brought her boyfriend home with her. He's also in the Army. None of us had met him yet, so I enjoyed watching all my goofy uncles trying to look intimidating to make him nervous. Kelsie and Joe seem totally perfect for each other. They're super cute, and Joe has an awesome accent. I guess he's from Texas or something, and he plays guitar like me.
Sooo, as I sit here writing this...tons of emotions are running through my head. I keep thinking of my grandma...she was there tonight of course...I remember when Kelsie left to go to Westpoint, how my Gram cried. I can't imagine how she feels right now. I wish I could just pedal my bike up to her house and wrap my arms around her. However....she's probably sleeping...so I'll wait until tomorrow.

Til then.....any and all of you soldiers and veterans that may be reading this.....

                                       Thank You.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you SO much for what you've done for us. I can't even fathom doing what you've done. I can't even describe how grateful I am. I'm praying for all of you. God bless and keep you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment